I’m a big advocate of donor recognition in the non-profit world. (The same goes for customer loyalty recognition in the for-profit world, of course!) I learned years ago, and it remains true, that a donor doesn’t truly feel thanked until they’re recognized seven different ways.
And the number one reason a donor stops contributing to a non-profit isn’t because they start donated somewhere else. It’s because they don’t feel the organization appreciates their support.
So, in the quest of donor recognition, consider these tactics shortly after a gift:
- A personalized phone call
- A personalized email
- Recognition in your event’s next printed program
- A hand-written note
- Tickets to an inexpensive, upcoming event
- Recognition on your organization’s website
- And, one of my favorites: a donor wall
I’d love to hear your ideas: How do you thank your donors?
Follow The Leone Company on Facebook here.